Calling all entrepreneurs & innovators
who want to make Profit with Purpose!
This award is here to offer you inspiration and support in your journey to create
an innovative business with positive impact.
Inevitable trends are here towards responsible investments, value-driven consumer expectations and
major economic changes driven by new technologies and emerging global challenges.
We believe that next generation of products / services need to be profitable, sustainable and
socially desirable at the same time.
The Business SPIRIT Award seeks to celebrate and support entrepreneurs and innovators who are embedding social and environmental values in their core business.
We believe that the whole process should benefit your business and help you to create profitable solutions while generating positive impact on society and environment – no matter if it’s related to your product, supply chain, use of raw materials or workplace practices.
Best finalists will have the chance to present their project at the international Responsible Innovation Summit conference, 30 October 2019, Dublin.
From cash to investors
How to apply?
- Fill out the simple online application form
- Join the boot camp in Dublin (Optional)
- Pitch in the final at the Responsible Innovation Summit,
Dublin 30 October, 2019
The application is open for projects regardless of nationality or location. We believe in equal opportunities, so go for it, no matter where you’re based, however please note, that the official language of the application and pitching is English.
- Idea phase with solid business concept
- Prototype or pilot product
- No corporate form or registered less than 2 years in Ireland
- Ideally some level of consumer interest / market test
- Well defined business model with revenue generation
- On the market product / service
- Registered organisation
- Proven track record of sales activity
Special Prizes for best projects in
What to know about the evaluation?
Our goal is to highlight the best value-driven innovative business solutions, therefore we are looking for entrepreneurs, innovators who are realizing that integrating social / environmental factors in business means that they are better
equipped to succeed.
The aim of the evaluation process is to find out why is this an innovative solution with strong business performance indicators and relevant Environmental, Social, Governance factors.
Find out more about ESG (Environmental, Social, Governance) factors
Is this for me?
It’s a good start if you want to create profit with purpose.
We know that the application requires a bit of extra effort, but we also know that sometimes a little push with a deadline can be ncouraging and rewarding at the end – giving you the opportunity to focus and have a better picture of your goals, plans, market opportunities, etc. Therefore we would like to encourage you to use this award as a chance to work on your proposition, have experts on your side with some ideas for improvement and join a community of like-minded people.
Is this for social entrepreneurs only?
- If you would consider yourself a social entrepreneur that's great but that’s not a requirement at all. The application is open to any organisation or concept regardless of your legal entity.
Are CSR projects eligible?
- This award is dedicated to recognizing business practices where values are integrated into the heart of the business. CSR projects are not accepted unless it is proven how this plays a vital part of the business strategy.
I'm considering environmental, social factors in the production, operations, and supply chain but not directly with my product/service. Should I apply?
- Yes, you can still apply, if you are creating value through your supply chain, product or service design, operational activities, advocacy or elsewhere please make sure you consider these elements as parts of your business practice. It all matters and makes you an ideal candidate to apply for the Business SPIRIT Award.
Do I need to enclose any official report? (like impact measurement, certifications, etc.)
- If you have any official certification (FairTrade, Vegan, Biodegradable, Organic, Carbon neutral, BCorp, etc.) please add it to your application. If you are in the process of getting an official certification related to your business/supply chain, please add this information to your application. It is not an entry requirement but an important information.