Calling all entrepreneurs & innovators
who want to make a Profit with Purpose!
The Business Spirit Award aims to inspire and support innovative businesses who can deliver financial returns with a positive impact.
Now more than ever we need to embrace innovative solutions that can help tackle
major economic and social challenges by re-imagining business as usual!
We believe that the next generation of products/services need to be profitable, sustainable and
socially desirable at the same time.
Join the final award ceremony to meet trailblazer innovators and find out who will be this year's winners!
Places are limited, save your spot in time!
Date: 10.00 -11.00 am, 26th February 2021
Since 2018 the Business SPIRIT Award seeks to celebrate and support entrepreneurs and innovators who are embedding social and environmental values in their core business.
We are dedicated to highlight leaders who believe that making a Profit with Purpose represents the new business as usual.
Any organisation or project can apply as long as they aim to create profitable solutions while delivering a positive impact on society and/or on the natural environment.
The application is open for projects from all over the world.
Reach a global audience
Lead the way
Raise your profile
2020 award application is extended until 31st January 2021.
How to apply?
- Fill out a simple online application form until 31st January 2021
- If selected submit a max. 3-minute video pitch
- Join the final virtual award event on 26th February 2021
The application is open for projects regardless of nationality or location. We believe in equal opportunities, so go for it, no matter where you’re based. However, please note, that the official language of the application and pitching is English.
- Idea phase with solid business concept
- Prototype or pilot product
- No corporate form or registered less than 2 years
- Ideally some level of consumer interest / market test
- Well defined business model with revenue generation
- On the market product / service
- Registered organisation
- Proven track record of revenue and impact
Special Prizes for best projects in
What to know about the evaluation?
Our goal is to highlight the best value-driven innovative business solutions, therefore we are looking for entrepreneurs, innovators who are realizing that integrating social, environmental factors in business means that they are better
equipped to succeed.
The aim of the evaluation process is to find out what makes your innovative solution a great business oportunity that delivers reurn on investment with implementation of relevant Environmental, Social, Governance factors.
Find out more about ESG (Environmental, Social, Governance) factors
Is this for me?
It’s a good start if you want to make a Profit with Purpose.
We know that the application requires a bit of extra effort, but we also know that sometimes a little push with a deadline can be encouraging and rewarding at the end – giving you the opportunity to focus and have a better value proposition at the end!
Is this for social entrepreneurs only?
- If you would consider yourself a social entrepreneur that's great but that’s not a requirement at all. The application is open to any organisation or concept regardless of your legal entity.
Are CSR projects eligible?
- This award is dedicated to recognizing business practices where values are integrated into the heart of the business. A CSR project is not accepted unless it is proven that it plays a vital part of the business strategy.
I'm considering environmental, social factors in the production, operations, and supply chain but not directly with my product/service. Should I apply?
- Yes, you can still apply, if you are creating value through your supply chain, product or service design, operational activities, advocacy or elsewhere along your operation. You are still an ideal candidate to apply for the Business SPIRIT Award.
Do I need to enclose any official report? (like impact measurement, certifications, etc.)
- If you have any official certification (FairTrade, Vegan, Biodegradable, Organic, Carbon neutral, BCorp, etc.) please add it to your application. If you are in the process of getting an official certification related to your business please add this information to your application. It is not an entry requirement but an important information.